GeoMaSh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Placing Night Caches

2 posters

Go down

Placing Night Caches Empty Placing Night Caches

Post  AcousticNut Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:44 pm

Mrs. Nut got me a set of fire tacks for Christmas last year and I've been waiting for inspiration to put them to use. Finally decided to place the next in my "Lawrence Country Haunts" series as a night cache.

Having not placed a night cache before, just looking for some feedback. Do you like to put the tacks up at night where you can test their effectiveness immediately or place them during the day when you can see better and test them once night falls?
AcousticNut
AcousticNut
Admin

http://4baums.com

Back to top Go down

Placing Night Caches Empty Night Caches

Post  2McDs Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:48 am

This is Nonie of the 2McDs. I personally like to have a night cache that cannot be done during it day. Many times people explain that it's harder during the day but it's not really the point. A night cache should be done at night for it to be a night cache. The experience of a night cache involves stars, scary sounds, and wrong turns. One thing that does irritate (good and bad at the same time) is when you select a spot frequented by hunters that have firetacks that lead the night cacher astray. If you choose to play off hunters' reflectors, up the D to reflect that.

2McDs

Back to top Go down