GeoMaSh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello, we are the 2McDs

2 posters

Go down

Hello, we are the 2McDs Empty Hello, we are the 2McDs

Post  2McDs Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:03 am

I posted this in the wrong place so I'm re-posting it here. We didn't realize AcousticNut got this up and going. Jim and I are so glad this came out of that group discussion at Ferley's 1K celebration.

We are the 2McDs, Jim and Nonie. We're from Boardman but Jim grew up in Columbiana County and Nonie is from Hubbard. Our son, Mike, introduced us to geocaching when he came home for our family reunion last August. There were three geocaches within a few minutes walk of the pavilion we were in and Jim and Mike did them all. After that, Jim ordered a GPS unit and we have been caching ever since. We also love night and Earth caches. Our three kids and two grandchildren geocache too. We've seen so many amazing places and critters when searching for caches. We saw a huge owl spreading its wings and flying silently into the night, a beaver parading back and forth flapping its tale on the water, and a copperhead moving up and down a stream bed. We walked in water up to our knees when there were several inches of snow on the ground. We've gotten used to carrying extra clothes and shoes--and trash bags for our wet stuff. We bought an inflatable kayak and got our tent and carry both in our trunk so we can go where the caches take us. We have a closet full of makings for our own geocaches but we have only made one. We have an August goal of putting some more caches out there. We've done 782 caches even though both Jim and I (Nonie) have had geocache related injuries. We've been working on Ohio's Well Rounded Cacher and only need our CITO cache and one more D/T combo and we'll have Fizzy finished. We're going to Caesar Creek State Park to sleep on the beach, watch the Perseid meteor shower, and do a morning CITO. (Sunday Morning Beach CITO III, GC3P7VC) We were hoping to see some of the GeoMaSh group there--even though it's almost in Dayton. We'd like to get 1000 in our first year but we're not sure we can make that one.

2McDs Posts: 4 Join date: 2012-08-01

2McDs

Back to top Go down

Hello, we are the 2McDs Empty Re: Hello, we are the 2McDs

Post  AcousticNut Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:28 pm

Glad you were finally able to find your way here Nonie and Jim. Sounds like you 'get' GeoCaching and all the adventures it takes you to. I said from the beginning the main reason I got into GeoCaching was that because I am not native to the Mahoning and Shenango Valleys I was not able to easily take my kids to all the 'cool' places that I knew along the Allegheny and Clarion valleys. GeoCaching has allowed me to do that here through the kindness and generosity of folks hiding caches there.
AcousticNut
AcousticNut
Admin

http://4baums.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum