GeoMaSh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travelbugs

+3
Ferley416
AcousticNut
Charyn
7 posters

Go down

Travelbugs Empty Travelbugs

Post  Charyn Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:29 pm

I am heading out to San Francisco at the end of the month and will be spending a day caching about the city. I'd love to take some travel bugs traveling with me, but so far I have come up empty when grabbing caches flagged as having them.

If anyone sees a travel bug that would like to see the other coast, I'd love to know so that I can grab it.

I think I will also get one of my own to take and give that little bug the goal of getting home =D

Charyn

Back to top Go down

Travelbugs Empty Re: Travelbugs

Post  AcousticNut Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:20 pm

Will keep my eye out Charyn, but I think all the travel bugs have gone into hiding! Very Happy
AcousticNut
AcousticNut
Admin

http://4baums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferley416 Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:12 am

Check my invitory on reflect on tb hideout. I try to keep it stoked. Also have a friend going to cal late July if anyone has some tbs to go.

Ferley416

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferley416 Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:14 am

Driven or flying. Got one that's wants to go to Wisconsin as short as possible along 90

Ferley416

Back to top Go down

Travelbugs Empty Flying

Post  Charyn Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:41 am

Unfortunately I'm flying so I wont be able to help that little one.

Charyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Charyn Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:43 am

Thanks for keeping eyes open.

what's / where's TB hideout? (my N00b is showing.......)

Charyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferley416 Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:25 pm

gc2atb5

Ferley416

Back to top Go down

Post  Charyn Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:02 pm

Thanks! I've been debating getting the premium membership and this was just the excuse I needed Smile

I ordered my bugs tonight, so I'll stop by when they come in so I can make a proper swap!

Charyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaved Ewok Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:03 am

Check out the Knucklehead TB Lodge in Austintown by Quaker State. Also I dumped a bunch in the cache End of the Line in Sharron today.

Shaved Ewok

Back to top Go down

Travelbugs Empty They're Here!

Post  Charyn Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Well my little bugs have arrived and I am busily preparing to release them into the big bad world. Considering the number of bugs that aren't where they're supposed to be I am assuming a fairly high attrition rate so I am keeping the items pretty benign. One that will go out to San Fran will be attached to two big links from a chain. I figure that's boring enough for for people to not want to take home, but bright enough to attract attention and large enough to not be easily lost.

I'd love to hear what other suggestions you all have for TB success Smile

As for finding them - I have not had a chance to head out to the two hideouts yet and I reached the end of my line at the end of the line. I'll try again over the weekend - my gps was pretty jumpy so I am hoping for better luck then!

Charyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjisthree Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:16 pm

Charyn, I dropped Liz's Allegany State Park 2011 Proxy Geocoin #2 in the final stage of 1985 Tornado Series by batemand1 & mac6291966. As of right now its showing that its hasn't been moved or discovered. Go check out the series, Mazhole and I really enjoyed.
Benjisthree
Benjisthree

Back to top Go down

Travelbugs Empty Travelbugs

Post  2McDs Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:17 pm

Jim and I went to 5 different caches this week that were supposed to have TBs in them that didn't. On the last one I wrote that there weren't TBs where they were listed. We have 16 TBs, of which 13 are out there. We try to drop a TB and pick one up but we've been dropping bugs if the cache is really grade without trading so that means we only have two (other than our name tags). I don't know what's going on. We're going to order a few more soon.

2McDs

Back to top Go down

Travelbugs Empty Re:travel bugs

Post  Cartermaneki Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:49 pm

I recently hide a travel bug hotel. Here's the link:  http://tinyurl.com/TB-HOTEL

Cartermaneki

http://Cartermaneki.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Travelbugs Empty Vistors from San Francisco

Post  Charyn Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:25 pm

Thanks to everyone for their help. I was able to find and help two travel bugs get to the west coast and found two that were happy to make the trip back. I also dropped one of my own while I was out there.

Now if only the rain would die down I could set out to drop these guys.... I hear there's a new fancy hotel in town! ;-)

Charyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum